Tuesday, October 04, 2005

with persona-latte


i was impressed when rw made a personalized drink for rs, but nothing could have surpassed the impression, impressed-ness with which i retrieved my drink, made by pb (with caramel, to boot). too bad the goodness was so short-lived. it seems as soon as my name was gone, rs and i got treated like a couple of no-name, good-for-nothings by an anxious patron, internet code in hand, vulturing around our booth. good thing we got friends in high places...and that rs had little room left for crap that day.

7 comments:

Lance Fisher said...

That is a sweet cup of coffee!

KrystyKay said...

I think I saw the vulture who was so eager to dismantle your delicious drink in order to use the world wide web to check on his online banking or some such crap. As if you go to LP, sit in a booth with rs and get up for some nobody with a slip saying he purchased a drink and has a right to your spot. That is one thing that drives me crazy down there. If you didn't notice m.y. and I were having our own little frustrations but thankfully kl and ms were a heartbeat away to lighten my mood and laugh over my fender bender. Gotta love that we basically own the place.

emergen-c-man said...

well the vulture could have been a stalker and he probalby hits the "go back one page" and checks the history to see what you were looking at ;)
aaron

lafalda said...

that "he" was actually a "she," although masculine enough to merit the mistake. but yeah, i'm glad we practically own the place, too. which makes it possible to say with (near)honesty things like "yeah, i own the planet." oh, so silly. i'm sick and delusional.

KrystyKay said...

sick and dilusional? Try brilliant and hilarious! We basically do own the planet and I'll hit anyone who say the contrary with my 95 Dodge Intrepid!

Lance Fisher said...

Ah yes, the planet. It's nice knowing those "planeteers". I over heard that it costs them "planet points" to take a smoke break.

lafalda said...

planet points? try precious hours of life!! or maybe that's code word for that:)