Thursday, January 05, 2006

Corn palace


here it is!!! the most famous palace in the world...made of corn, that is. i just don't know how mitchell, sd can sustain such a landmark. we were there about 4 in the afternoon, and i'm telling you nothing! was open. nothing except the pizza hut where we ended up eating. i really hate to go to chain stores or restaurants on the road if i can help it. with so many good ma and pa joints to be experienced, why would you? james was really feeling sorry for leann rymes, who will be playing the corn palace soon. as she said, "probably three people will show up." as a side note, cuchillo thought the corn palace was "a-maize-ing."

1 comment:

Lance Fisher said...

I'll have to see if I can dig up the photo of when Shannon and I were there in 2001, on our great road trip out of the South.

My parents tell me that my grandad played basketball in the corn palace.