Thursday, August 04, 2005

Honey


i think it was moffisa that taught me this trick-pouring honey into a spoon and sticking it in icewater until it hardens, then eating it. it came from her montana pies days...wait, shoot. was that the name of that restaurant? it was decorated old-west-like, on the corner of brooks and mount and served beverages in jars. anyhoo, this pic is from a ceremony at dawna-alba's sendoff party to kazakhstan at f.e.j. numero uno. ifff you know what i mean, annd i think you do. she says honey gets old real fast, and by that i mean you get sick of it. because honey never goes bad. like "never...ne-e-e-e-evvvvvver."
p.s. my double-timing on these blog entries is makin' some o' ya look bad, ahem.

1 comment:

erin said...

Okay, a few things:

1. Yes you are making us look bad.
2. A Moffett blog is about the sweetest thing I can think of.
3. I've had honey get old before, but I wouldn't say it goes bad. It just sort of crystallizes, which, I'd say, makes it even better.
4. Montana pies? Frontier pies? Ah heck a rose by any name...I just loved the scones that Lil always got.