Tuesday, May 03, 2005

in memoriam

while spending some time in prayer outside under a tree this weekend God reminded me that it was the 6 month anniversary of two dear friends' deaths. i opened my eyes and looked around me at the splendor that they both cherished so dearly and i didn't really know what to do. how do you pray for someone who's died? so i just gave it to God and said "Lord, would you speak to me concerning them?" and He did. He said this "Jess, he (the closer of my two friends) saw how you lived your life. Despite what he may have said, he saw the way you lived and that's why he was drawn to you and always came to you for advice." it was so comforting to hear. God is so good to us. He has been speaking to me almost non-stop today at work, too. not in words that i could recount, like those above, but in waves of His Holy Spirit that deepen and inspire love inside me. i feel a desperation for my family and friends that don't know Him.

No comments: