Friday, June 09, 2006

Kosice, Slovakia (sunset in Old Town)


this is right near where we are staying!!!! isn't it neat? katka's mom's flat is right in the middle of the old town. it's so wonderful and convenient. we can walk just around the corner and we're right in the middle of everything! yesterday we watched a historical re enactment of the austrians fighting the hungarians. it was neat, annnd a little creepy! but to me the whole old town feels like a movie set. much like that new development by lance and shannon's house where all the buildings look like fake facades. you know what i mean? anyhow, we've been in this underground netcafe long enough. it's time to see the sunlight. plus, we haven't eaten in over an HOUR, and that just doesn't do here, it seems:)
off to aida, the sweet shop we go. i am living a charmed life here.

2 comments:

Fawn said...

I am jealous ;) but glad you are having a good time. I miss you...

Lance Fisher said...

I know what your talking about. I like the way that neighborhood looks, but the one thing I wouldn't like about it if I had to live there is how narrow the roads are and how there is no parking. In a town where you don't need cars that's okay, but we really need them here.